The Orleans County (NY) Heritage Festival is a county-wide celebration of historical and cultural attractions. Participants will be visiting a host of locations to deepen their appreciation of our region’s priceless people, places, organizations and assets based on selected themes. This year, the festival is occurring over an extended period so you can attend multiple workshops, lectures and programs.
Friday, September 8 to Sunday, September 17, 2017
- Military: based on the centennial of the United States involvement in WWI
- Erie Canal: celebrating the bicentennial of the creation of the Erie Canal
- Spirits & the Supernatural: featuring cemetery ghost walks & historical re-enactments
- Cobblestone & Sandstone Architecture: focusing on the unique stone architecture this region is famous for
- Historic Gems: connecting current day attractions with our heritage
Visit this page often as the 2017 schedule evolves!
Brought to you by Genesee Community College, Orleans County Tourism and a group of passionate volunteers!